The above print was an epic fail. I did more batik, and it was supposed to be based on the suits of cards, but my retarded hands coupled with hot wax, and a broken tjanting resulted in this. I even forgot to mark the final red square!
The above prints I did with screens. Just lined up some dyes and paper circles and went! Quite fun and I really like the textures.
The above print was done with screens and a stencil that I made form a tracing. Printed onto black poly- cotton, I had to use a really small squeegee (they're the tools you use to print with) to get the different colours for each fist. I'm really proud of this one. I may use it in my first collection!
So, I repeated the fist print! I did it on white satin this time, cos I plan to make pillows for my family with the fabric. One word of advice, DON'T DO IT. The fabric kept slipping and I made a lot of marks and staining which I wish could've been avoided. Ah well. #YOLO