Wednesday 7 March 2012

midweek blues

I spent most of today procrastinating. Mainly because I was recovering from a hangover but yeah haha. We went out last night, but I only left the house because it was a friend's birthday so I went out to celebrate.


On Monday I took out my hair. I have never, ever been so glad to undo canerows/ cornrows- what ever you wanna call them. My head itched, hair was very greasy, dirty, and smelly. I hadn't washed it in three weeks! agh. That's the longest ever I've gone.



Above is what my hair looked like in the beginning.

I've  become a bit of a "natural hair" enthusiast over the past year. For those of you ho haven't a clue what I'm on about, basically, in the black community a lot of women have decided to stop chemically altering the texture of their hair and just rock what they were born with! ^^

It involves styling the hair and taking care of it to ensure that it grows healthily. I got zig- zag canerows cos I wanted something different this time. Previously I had them going all back.




So after undoing my filthy bush (above), I made up a deep conditioner:


The above mix was made up of Tresemme Split Remedy Conditioner, Wilko own brand conditioner, honey, argan oil, almond oil and castor oil. It looks and sounds like a dessert! aha! I applied that to my hair, and then tied two carrier bags over it, and then put a hat on and left it for 30 mins.

I have never enjoyed having clean hair so much. It was lush. Next week I'm gonna get my sides shaved and possibly canerows again, but I might leave that till the week after.

Today I did nothing. Woke up, got ready and rolled straight into KFC. That 2 Piece Variety Meal was HEAVEN.  I really need to start being more productive with my days. I have two weeks to complete an essay, 4 weeks to re-do a piece of coursework that I failed and 2 months the do another project. My priorities are a mess! And on top of that I'm trying to get in shape for summer, and learn Korean & Japanese. FAIL!
However, I had done something that will be useful to me in the future.


I'm gonna make some flashcards to help me learn Korean! (And Japanese too, but I'm gonna focus on Korean atm) I want to start with Hangul. Then move onto grammar etc. Actually really excited!

Ash x

1 comment:

  1. This post made me smile~ ♫
    & that conditioner looks really tasty..*-*
    haha! n.n
    Best of luck learning Korean/Japanese!!
    You can always practise Japanese with me when you get started on it~~ ☆ミ

    ReplyDelete